"A good drummer listens as much as he plays." ~ Indian ProverbInternational Shipping Contact Us
Drums & Percussion
Drum Sets & Cymbals
LP Hardware, Accessories & Replacement Parts
Middle-East Drums & Percussion
African Drums & Accessories
Chinese & Eastern Drums & Percussion
Irish Drums & Percussion
Orchestra Bells & Chimes
Drum & Percussion Hardware
1. Drumming can help students grow academically; it can improve students' ability to concentrate and compliment their studies in the arts, math, science, language arts, history & physical fitness.
2. According to scientific research, playing music, and hence drumming and playing percussion, increases the development of various regions of the brain, including the corpus callosum, motor and auditory cortexes.
3. Playing drums and rhythms can be an optimal experience and encourages participants of all ages to achieve flow.
4. Drumming is a healing art and therefore it can give participants of any age a better sense of well being.
5. Hand drumming (and regular participation in any form of percussion playing) increases the physical stamina of students.
6. Drumming increases body awareness & kinesthetic
development; drumming helps students develop graceful coordination and
7. Playing rhythms improves listening skills and increases
children and teens' ability to focus for extended periods of time.
8. In general, the increasing of
rhythmic skills - and the learning of any musical instrument - increases
9. Playing rhythmic music helps students to take notice of the rhythms and beauty in nature and their surroundings.
10. Drumming in group formats, such as drum circles, bands and
orchestras cultivates an appreciation for teamwork and cooperation.
11.Drum circles are great ethnic and cultural bridges; they harmoniously bring diverse people, instruments and musical styles together.
12. If parents play or take interest in the musical and learning process of their children, then drumming can be a means to forge meaningful bonds between parents and children.